Karwa Chauth one of the most auspicious and celebrated festivals in northern India. It is observed by married women, who fast on the day and pray for their husbands’ long life and prosperity. Karwa Chauth is celebrated in the eight-month of the Hindu calendar. On this day, women fast from pre-dawn till moonrise. Women eat Sargi in the morning - a special thali meal prepared by mother-in-law for daughter-in-law. Sargi includes healthy food such as fruits and nuts.
So, it becomes highly important to include some special and energetic food items in your sargi plate. The food items that we are going to tell you today will keep you charged for the entire day. Observing the Karwa Chauth fast comes with its set of fears. Let us solve your worries about what foods to include in your 'sargi'! Let’s see some food items that we can eat during our karva Chauth sargi:
1) Soaked Organic Dry Fruits
You need your energy throughout the day. What’s better than breaking your fast with soaked Organic Dry fruits? Soaking them overnight will help in the proper absorption of the nutrients.
2) Sevai or Vermicelli Kheer
‘Sagan ki phenia’ can be replaced with Organic Whole Wheat Vermicelli, since phenia are deeply fried.
3) Sooji Halwa
Instead of having heavy, sugar-laden sweets bought from the market, try having a spoonful of delicious sooji halwa made from Organic Sooji.
Try these other trips to break your fast with ease 😊
- Rehydrate your body with a glass of water and then have some dry fruits.
- The fast through the day causes acidity so avoid beverages like tea or coffee and have a glass of cold milk instead.
- Eat light, simple and easily digestible food instead of deep fried, spicy and oily stuff. Include curds in your meals as they help the body.
- Try and avoid heavy sweets and just take a bite or two of a simple homemade sweet.